domenica

COINCIDENCE

Leaving my hometown for Milan, a pleasant coincidence occurred on the train.

I selected the random mode on my iPod. I wanted to be surprised.

The first track that my iPod played was the Soundtrack of Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo" (the one also used in the intro of Lady GaGa's video "Born This Way"). This track is so powerful. It creates an incredible atmosphere of suspense.






Then the second track was a track taken from my favorite movie of all the time: Brian the Palma's "Body Double". The music is the one taken from the telescope scene when the protagonist Jake watches her neighbor stripping in front of her open window every night. This music recalls in my mind images of a mermaid who whispers and sings to seduce a man.






It's funny that my iPod decided to
make me listen these two tracks, one straightly following the other, 'cos actually they're taken from two different movies that are incredibly interconnected. Brian the Palma is obsessed with Hitchcock's movies and he loves to fill his movies with images and quotes inspired by Hitchcock and "Body Double" is an incredible manifesto of De Palma idea of "cinema" ("The camera lies all the time; lies 24 times/second.") whose plot actually starts and borrows from Hitchcock's "Vertigo" (La Donna che visse due volte) and "Rear Window" (La finestra sul cortile).

Think I'm gonna watch "Body Double" soon...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento